For students studying Core 2 Mathematics in Summer 2017
On Wednesday 19th April 2017 we are holding an Intensive Revision Course for Core 2 Mathematics. On this intensive revision course, we will be covering the content of Core 2 as well as a few Core 1 topics. After a quick review of each topic, we will jump straight into exam practice by working on exam style questions where we look at the common errors that students make and how to avoid them.
Throughout the course of the day, we will be covering the following topics:
You will be taught by our lead Maths tutor Anish Patel who has taught over 350 A-Level students in small groups over the last 11 years. Anish is also an Expert Examiner for Edexcel so he knows exactly where students make the most errors and can help you to avoid them. After the course, Anish will also be providing email support on answering Core 1/Core2 exam questions during the holidays because we understand how frustrating it can be waiting until you can ask your teacher after Easter.
This course is available to everyone who is studying for the Core 2 exam in Summer 2017. The course is aimed at students who are hoping to achieve a Grade A or Grade B in the summer.
So whether you already have a tutor or not, this course will cover the basics from scratch and then continue onto exam style questions where we show you the secrets to gaining the top marks by showing you how marks are awarded as well as some short cuts.
The day will begin at 9:30am and will be split into three sections with regular breaks throughout and the day will conclude at 3:30pm.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided throughout the day, please inform us of any special dietary requirements when booking.
We will begin each session with a quick recap of a few topics and go through the key points of each topic. Then we will begin to analyse the exam questions and how they are structured and worded.
A common problem with A-Levels is that students don’t understand what the question is asking them to do. We do this by providing a list of words used in an exam and what each of those words want you to do.
We will then begin to break down the individual exam questions by highlighting the key points and teach students how marks are awarded for each part of the question. This will help students with their timing when it comes to their own exam. Remember in the exam, you will have 90 minutes to answer 75 marks so just over one minute per mark.
Time management is a key part to success and if you follow our techniques, you will find yourself completing 80% (60 marks) of the exam in 45 minutes and will leave you the final 45 minutes to work on the remaining 20% (15 marks) of the exam.
Students will receive a printed booklet of exam questions created specifically for the Intensive revision course which we will cover throughout the day. There will be an additional set of questions for students to practice over the holidays with answers.
Students will be emailed a copy of the notes for the class a few days before the course so they can print out the notes to avoid constantly writing.
The revision course is scheduled to take place at The Beauchamp College in Oadby, Leicester, LE2 5TP. It will run from 9:30am-3:30pm on Wednesday 19th April 2016 and Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
The course will cost £65 for the day, this will include